NVPS hired Rockford Construction to perform facilities assessments of all buildings. Their findings included:
• All schools were built between the late 1950s and early 1970s.
• Northview High School was last renovated in 2014.
• Elementary and middle schools were last renovated in 1998 (21 years ago).
• Although the facilities are well maintained, many systems and materials are at or near the end of their useful life.
• Elementary and middle schools share common challenges, including old and inefficient boilers and HVAC equipment, lack of adequate security at entrances, parking and drop-off challenges, single pane windows and deteriorating classrooms and restrooms. In addition, our elementary schools all have one multi-purpose space that functions for lunch service, gym use and multi-purpose events, making scheduling difficult.
• To bring our facilities up-to-date and add a multi-purpose space at each elementary, the estimated cost is roughly $25 million.