Newly opened in fall 2014, Northview’s state-of-the-art swimming facility is committed to improving the health, safety, enjoyment and athletic competition of the Northview community. The pool supports all competitive water sports with 13 lanes and two levels for diving (2 -1 meter boards and 1 – 3 meter board). The pool has a 20 x 40-foot shallow area that can be used for activities such as swim lessons, water therapy and water aerobics.
If you have any questions on pool hours or programming, contact Suann at (616) 361-3466 or email@example.com
New!PM Lap Swim Time Changes starting February 10th!
Monday and Wednesday: 8-9:15 PM. From 8-8:30 PM it is lanes 9 and 10 only.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:30-9 PM. From 7:30-8:30 PM all diving well lanes.
At 8:30 PM all lap lanes will be open. We hope that this better meets the needs of all who use our aquatic facility. We appreciate your flexibility as we work to develop our youth into lifelong swimmers. Because there will be several children using the main locker rooms, we ask that you please consider using the family locker room which has private changing areas.
The Pool is closed on the following dates:
December 24th and 25th for Holiday Break.
December 31st and January 1st for News Years Eve/Day.
January 5th, 19th, 26th – AM Only.
February 2nd (AM Only) and 16th.
March 2nd (AM Only) and 14th (PM Only).
Monday ,Wednesday, Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 AM
Monday – Thursday: 8 PM – 9:15 PM (November – February)
Saturday: 8 AM – 11 AM
A Northview Fitness Center membership covers your cost to participate in lap swim. Non-members must purchase a day pass ($5 for Northview residents, $8 for Non-residents), paid at the Fitness Center desk. All lap swimmers must check in at the Fitness Club desk before entering the pool area.
Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 3 p.m.
$3 fee per person per visit. Check-in with staff on pool deck. Fitness Center membership covers the cost of Open Swim, but only for the member, not additional family members or friends.
During Open Swim, children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper. Children that cannot swim on their own must be accompanied by an adult in the water. A life jacket may be used as long as the parent/guardian is on deck nearby as their child is swimming.
February 27th – March 23rd on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Pre-School / Novice (ages 3-5)
Wednesdays 6 – 6:45 PM
Saturdays 8 – 8:45 AM
Youth (ages 6-12)
Wednesdays 7 – 7:45 PM
Saturdays 9 – 9:45 AM
Cost for classes is $75 for Northview residents, staff, and students; $85 for all out of district. Payment is due at first class. Classes are limited to 5 for ages for 3-5 and 6 for ages 6-12. Minimum number of participants is 3 for a class to run.
How to Register:
Go to Clients.MindBodyOnline.com or the MindBody App on your phone to set up your personal account.
Search for Northview Fitness Center
Go to ‘Enrolloments’, select ‘Sign up now!’. Select ‘Enroll as unpaid’
Mail payment to Suann Foust, NHS, 4451 Hunsberger NE GR 49525.
If you find you cannot attend the class after reserving your spot, PLEASE cancel at least 1 week in advance so someone from the wait list can be emailed to attend.
Private lessons (for children) available:
$20 for 30 minutes. $30 for 45 minutes for Northview residents.
$25 for 30 minutes. $35 for 45 minutes for Non-Northview Residents.
For adult lessons, please visit our Fitness Center page.
Contact Suann Foust via phone (616-361-3466) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance or to schedule.
The Northview Aquatic Center is offering an American Red Cross lifeguard certification class in March 2019. Here is what you need to know:
– Course requirements are approximately 8 hours of online viewing and learning and 19 hours of hands-on learning.
– Class will meet Tu/Th March 12, 14, 19, & 21 from 3:00p-6:30pm, and Saturday March 23 8a-4p with a lunch break
– Pre-requisite requirements include:
* Must be 15 years old by the last day of class
* Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control & rhythmic breathing. May use front crawl or breaststroke, or a combination, but no swimming on the back or side
* Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
* Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds
Starting in the water, swim 20 yards (no goggles allowed)
Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath
Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
– The deadline for registration is March 2 for
* All pre-requisite testing completed; this can be scheduled with the Pool Director at a mutually agreeable time
* Payment received $200 for Northview residents & students, $225 for non-residents. Make checks payable to Northview Public Schools, mail to NHS, attn: pool, 4451 Hunsberger NE GR 49525. We are unable to accept payment with credit/debit cards at this time. Cancellation after March 2 deadline will result in only a partial refund given (less 20%).
Please note: A minimum of 3 participants is necessary to run the class. If not, full refunds will be given.