Newly opened in fall 2014, Northview’s state-of-the-art swimming facility is committed to improving the health, safety, enjoyment and athletic competition of the Northview community. The pool supports all competitive water sports with 13 lanes and two levels for diving (2 -1 meter boards and 1 – 3 meter board). The pool has a 20 x 40-foot shallow area that can be used for activities such as swim lessons, water therapy and water aerobics.
If you have any questions on pool hours or programming, contact Suann at 361-3466 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s up at the pool?
* Boys Varsity and Northview Community Swim Teams will be in full swing with NCST practices in the evenings from 6-8:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs. Therefore, evening Lap Swim is now on Monday & Wednesday only, 8-9:15 p.m. until mid-February. Morning Lap Swim is still MWF 5:30-7:30 a.m. and Saturday 8-11 a.m. unless noted.
* The Wildcat Invitational swim meet is on December 9, so no Lap or Open Swim on this day.
* The Fitness and Aquatic Center is closed December 24, 25, 31, and January 1.
* Lap Swim runs as scheduled during the winter break other than dates when the Center is closed.
* SPECIAL OPEN SWIM TIMES: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on December 27 & 29 (Wed/Fri) and January 2 & 4 (Tues/Thurs). Cost is $3 per swimmer.
Looking ahead to JANUARY 2017/FEBRUARY 2018:
* NV hosts 3 NCST Saturday meets that disrupt regular Aquatic Center programming on January 6, 20, and 27. On those days, we will still hold Open Swim from 12-3 p.m. although it may start a little late. Lap swimmers will not be charged to swim on these days.
* NV hosts a swim clinic on Sunday, January 21 so no Open Swim that day.
* On February 3 NV hosts the West Michigan Swim League Conference Championship B Meet, which runs into the early afternoon. We hold Open Swim on that day from 2-4 p.m.
* On February 23 NV hosts the Boys High School Conference meet. There will be no Lap or Open Swim that day.
Monday ,Wednesday, Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 a.m
Monday, Wednesday: 8 – 9:15 p.m.
Saturday: 8 – 11 a.m.
(A Northview Fitness Center membership covers your cost to participate in lap swim. Non-members must purchase a day pass for $5, paid at the Fitness Center desk. All lap swimmers must check in at the Fitness Club desk before entering the pool area.)
Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 3 p.m.
SPECIAL OPEN SWIM TIMES: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on December 27 & 29 (Wed/Fri) and January 2 & 4 (Tues/Thurs).
($3 fee per person per visit. Check-in with staff on pool deck. Fitness Center membership does not cover Open Swim.)
During open swim children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper. Children that cannot swim on their own must be accompanied by an adult in the water. A life jacket may be used as long as the parent/guardian is on deck nearby as their child is swimming.
Look here for Swim Lessons in 2018.
Inquire about swim lessons or express interest at email@example.com or call 616-361-3466.
Want to become a lifeguard?
It’s a technically challenging job requiring responsibility and professionalism, but offers flexible, part time scheduling and/or seasonal work. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Springboard diving is now available at Northview! Learn to dive classes and team options available. USA Diving 1-year membership required. For more information, please visit www.LegacyDivingWest.com or contact Anne Williamson, Club Director, at 616-901-0215.