09 Oct Parent Teacher Conferences
Conferences at Crossroads are scheduled for October 22 and 24 from 5:00-8:00pm.
Conferences are a first-come, first-served format. Teachers will hold conferences in their classrooms. Please remember, conferences are meant to be 5 minutes or less. It’s a good idea to check your child’s grades on ParentVUE before coming to conferences. Students are invited and welcome to attend conferences as well.
There is no school for students or staff on Friday, October 25, 2019.
Here are a few tips from the Harvard Family Research Project to make the most out of your Conference
(from an article noting “10-Minute Conference”)
How to Prepare in Advance for Your 5 Minute Conference:
● Ask your child how he/she feels about school.
● Ask your child if there is anything they want you to talk about with his/her teacher.
● Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help him/her.
● Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
How to Make the Most of Your Time During the 5 Minute Conference:
● Be on time for the meeting.
● End the meeting on time, as other parents have conferences after yours.
● Ask the most important questions first.
● Ask for explanations of anything you don’t understand.
● Ask your child’s teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
What to Do After the 5 Minute Conference:
● Talk about the conference with your child.
● Talk about the positive points, and be direct about challenges.
● Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.