16 Aug Voicemail Instructions
Voicemail Setup Instructions
- Pickup your desk phone and press the voicemail button. If you do not have a desk phone or are away from your desk press *, enter your ext., and press #.
- All new voicemail accounts have a default PIN of 1234. When the system prompts you to enter your PIN, press 1234#
- After entering your temporary PIN you will be placed in the self enrollment setup. You will be asked to record your voice prompts. This is what will be heard when someone calls your phone and is directed to voicemail.
- When prompted you will need to record your name. Say your name and press #. Your recorded name will be played back. If the recorded name is correct press #. If you need to re-record your name wait till the beep, say your name, and press #.
- You will now be prompted to record a personal greeting. By default the greeting is a computer voice with you recorded name. If you wish to keep this greeting press #. If you want to record a personal greeting press 1.
- Record your personal greeting when prompted. Press # when done. Your personal greeting will be played back. If the greeting is correct press #, or re record your greeting at the beep.
- You will be asked if you want to be listed in the directory. You can ignore this step and press #. Your voicemail is now setup.
How to Change your Voicemail PIN
- Pickup your phone and press the voicemail button. If you do not have a deskphone or are away from your desk press *, enter your ext., and press #.
- Now enter your PIN then press #.
- Press 4, then press 3, and finally press 1.
- Enter your new PIN and press #. Enter your new PIN again and press #.
- Your PIN has been changed.
Checking Voicemail away from Campus
- To access your voicemail away from campus first dial (616)365-6185.
- When prompted press *. You will always have to enter your ext. if you are off campus. Now enter your ext. and press #.
- Enter your PIN and press #.
- You should now be logged into your voicemail.